This is your chance to learn the mightiest little instrument, the ukulele. Basic strum patterns, chord structure and swing are all easier than you think with some proper guidance. We’ll have you playing a sweet song in no time and impressing your friends at social gatherings!
Over the 4 weeks (4 x Sunday evenings) we will cover everything you need to become a Uke Pro!
Get your strum on:
- Basic Struming
- How to count
- Tuning and tuners
- Open chords
- Types of uke
Let there be chords:
- Different ways to play the same thing
- Why scales?
- What I, V, VI, IV means
Pick a song, any song:
- Bring in a favourite song and we’ll take it apart and put it back together
- Mysteries of why songs are catchy
- How to change key for your vocal range
Show and tell:
- Recap everything
- Perform a song for gentle feedback
- Record the song
What you'll get
- Tom is supported by Makala Ukuleles, some of the best ukes around. Use one of his or bring your own. Ukes will be for sale at the completion of class.
- Chord charts for the songs and strum patterns.
- 4 x Sunday night sessions to hone your craft
- Quality mahogany Soprano ukulele – tuned and stretched
- Padded bag
- Clip on tuner
what to bring
- Nothing but enthusiasm, or bring your uke