Yarnbombing is a type of street art where public objects are covered with colourful, woolly knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre. For the yarnbomber it’s about adding a splash of colour, a pleasant, handmade surprise in an urban landscape that expresses your imagination. This workshop will introduce participants to the motivation of Queen Babs and her basic techniques of yarnbombing.
Students will be shown various yarnbombs, work on their own yarnbomb and help install one of Queen Bab’s yarnbombs on a street sign near Work-Shop. Your completed yarn bomb is yours to take home and install where you desire.
Experience in knitting or crocheting is not required, but welcome.
So come spend a fun couple of hours as Queen Babs shares her stories, tips and experience and become a yarnbomber, at least for an hour or two!
What you'll get
- A useful handout covering yarnbombing basics
- Small yarnbombs base knitted in bright colours
- Crocheted decorations and a button to sew onto the yarn bomb
- Assorted scrap yarn colours for sewing
- Yarn needles
what to bring
- Most materials will be provided, but if you want to add some extra personal touches to your yarnbomb. Feel free to bring along extra buttons, beads, ribbons, any crochet or knitted small embellishments such as hearts or flowers not more than 6cm wide
- Snacks and drinks for relaxing while you sew
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.