With the onset of Summer, we are taking our classes outdoors and into the beautiful urban garden that is Camperdown Commons. Join us for our Summer Sunday series! Stick around and enjoy dinner at the beautiful ACRE restaurant afterwards.
Urban Sketching is all about drawing on location. You could be sketching your local cafe, the bustling sidewalks dappled with sunlight, capturing the alley ways full of street art, the skyscraper horizon, architecture through the ages and other Sydney city landscapes.
We’ll start our journey at the Camperdown Commons, walking through chosen parts of the venue, stopping to capture and draw various scenes along the way, and we’ll finish off by sharing a well earned drink together.
You’ll learn perspective drawing, landscape composition, simplifying complex city scenes, and a number of different drawing techniques. Most importantly, you’ll become a tourist in your own city, and learn a skill that you can carry with you to capture any city or landscape in the world
What you'll get
- Pencils, Artline pens, & paper for those without sketchbooks. Clip boards.
- A glass of house red, white or rose for each attendee.
what to bring
- Encouraged to supply own A4 or A5 sketchbook.
- Depending on your previous drawing knowledge, you might wish to also bring other media to experiment with. Ie. Pastels, watercolours, charcoal etc.
- You are welcome to email Sally prior to the workshop to discuss any queries on materials, sketchbooks or recommended products.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.