Developing your ears and the art of listening for a deeper creative experience.
Quite often as visual artists we focus on the viewing aspect when it comes to our subject of choice, for example representations of a landscape, a portrait, a still object, or a photograph. We develop skills of visual observation, really looking at or into something. A lesser used skill in art making is using our ears or minds eye to examine a subject.
The workshop is suitable for anyone practicing any art form or not practicing any art form.
You don’t even need to be ‘artistic’ or ‘creative’. Through the act of drawing and mark making you will respond directly to a piece of ‘Avante-Garde’ music. There are thousands of visual cues in a complex musical composition that can equally inspire just as a physical subject does.
What you'll get
- Learn to use your ears and the art of listening for a deeper creative experience.
- Learn techniques to use your ears or minds eye to create work based on a piece of music.
- Drawing & mark making techniques to expand your creative skills.
- Guidance, tuition, music and knowledge.
what to bring
- Pencils and or pastels, water colour, charcoal and sketch pad (preferably A3).
- Wear comfortable clothing to get creative in!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.