There’s never been a better time to start a girl gang (or join one)! Whether you’re into skateboarding, slam poetry or street art, chances are you’ll find a group of like-minded females who want to share their experiences, educate others, or simply hang out in a supportive and inclusive environment.
GGATF (Girl Gangs are the Future) is a project that profiles influential females pushing boundaries in the creative industries. With a focus on sharing stories and inspiring others, GGATF aims to connect like-minded women and spark conversations.
In celebration of girl gangs everywhere, GGATF presents ‘How To Start A Girl Gang’, bringing together the minds behind some of Melbourne’s most influential groups to share their advice on how to start a girl gang.
Featuring a panel discussion with guest speakers Stass Jones & Alana Smith (Thrusher), Brooke Walker (Fixed Gurls Melbrn), Gemma Mahoney (Accidental Discharge) and Imogen Geikowski (Girl Pearl Collective / Plump Butts zine), you’ll hear first hand how and why they formed a community around their passion, any challenges or obstacles they encountered along the way, and what the future looks like for girl gangs.
Stick around for a drink afterwards and meet like-minded people, who knows – you might even be inspired to start your own girl gang!
Let your friends know you’re coming by clicking ‘Attending’ on the Facebook event page 😉
What you'll get
- An inspiring evening hearing from some of Melbourne’s most influential girl gangs
- Delicious beer, cider and hard lemonade thanks to the radical babes at Sparkke!
- Lovingly hand-crafted (and also delicious) wine thanks to Kooks!
- Light snacks provided
- Lucky door prizes up for grabs, including pressies from some of our favourite girl gangs!
what to bring
- Just yourself (and your passions!)
- Bring a friend and get $5 off your tickets
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.