Work-Shop is honoured to present for the first time in Australia and all the way from South Africa, rockstar embroiderer Danielle Clough.
Sew Far Sew Good is an introductory workshop on making handmade embroidered pieces through a mixture of learning traditional techniques and tricks from an ‘accidental professional’. These pieces can be as display pieces or made into patches. No matter what the participants skill level, the class will focus on gearing their design ideas to their ability. Whether you need to learn to thread a needle or are a professional, its a class on finding little tricks and hacks to making your own unique embroidered piece.
Danielle is a firm believer in just making things, making mistakes and figuring things out along the way. There is no right or wrong way to work and I know with that, everyone will enjoy the workshop. To sum up what I’m thinking: If you’re not making mistakes you’re doing something wrong. Which means you’re making a mistake. Which means you’re fine.
To top the day off our mates from Young Henrys will supply the beer, and Cake Wines for the wine lovers. Limited to 16 intimate spots, this will sell out quick!
What you'll get
- Everyone will receive Danielle’s special sewing kit to take home to continue making badass pieces
- Snacks provided throughout the day
- Beers from Young Henrys and wine to get them creative juices flowing!
- Each lucky student will get an exclusive and limited edition Danielle Clough print as a souvenir!
what to bring
- If you have your own favourite pencil or pens, bring them along!
- Any reference material that you want to bring will be great. Books, designs, ideas and photos. These can simply be on your phone.
- You can also bring anything that you may want to sew, practice or adorn. Part of the workshop is showing you hacks on how to get your ideas together, and onto fabric.
- Don’t forget that smile of yours
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.