We are pleased to be hitting the road and coming to RADelaide!
Rest in Pieces invites you to attend this very special, introductory Taxidermy Workshop. The course will take you on your own journey into this fascinating art form and will help you come to grips (literally!) with some of the techniques involved in creating taxidermy.
Throughout the day you will learn how to skin and preserve your little rat, as well as how to mount him into a beautiful but very greedy cheese fiend. Everything will be supplied on the day including your rat, all the necessary tools, an apron, snacks, lunch, great company, and even a glass of celebratory bubbles!
While we have allowed 10 hours for the day we don’t believe it will take this long. Of course, everyone works at their own pace but the sooner you finish the sooner you get to the glass of bubbles! : )
No previous taxidermy experience is necessary.
If you have a rat phobia we can provide a mouse but the rats have a very sweet face and are incredibly fluffy. Plus they are slightly larger than a mouse so they are easier to work on.
Get your tickets here.
What you'll get
- Your own specimen to work on (of course, your creation is yours to take home at the end of the day!)
- An amazing experience amongst like-minded people!
- Would you like to purchase a take home kit? Select “Workshop + Kit” when you book this course. (Just add $80.)
- Lunch (includes wine and great company!)
what to bring
- Extra layers in case the warehouse gets cool or warm!
- Camera or camera phone. Get ready to #restinpiecestaxidermy and feel free to add @restinpiecestaxidermy to your instagram
- A strong tummy
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.