We are pleased to be hitting the road and coming to RADelaide!
Rest in Pieces invites you to attend a day of Butterflies & Bubbles.
We are absolutely thrilled to have Jason Penfold, RIP’s employee of the year for 2016, stepping out of the cacoon and spreading his wings to teach our very first butterfly and moth pinning workshop.
Throughout the workshop, Jason will guide you through this fascinating world. You will learn how to rehydrate your specimens, how to create your own pinning board, how to pin specimens in 3 different styles and learn how to unpin and present your feature specimen in a shadow box.
At the end of the afternoon you will walk away with the 3 practice butterflies & your chosen feature specimen (Ulysses Butterfly or Death’s Head Hawkmoth). You will also take home a shadow box to mount your beautiful creation in.
As usual you can sit back and get creative because the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimens, apron, afternoon tea and bubbles will be provided.
We also have take home kits available to purchase so you can practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
Tickets available here.
What you'll get
- 3 test specimens to practice on
- 1 feature specimen (choice of either Ulysses Butterfly or Death’s Head Hawkmoth)
- Glass-fronted shadow box to mount your feature specimen in
- Optional take home kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the entomology experience
what to bring
- Extra layers in case the warehouse gets cool or warm!
- Camera or camera phone. Get ready to #restinpiecestaxidermy and feel free to add @restinpiecestaxidermy to your Instagram