Learn how to draw your favourite pet, animal or create a special gift for someone who loves their pet!
In this 3.5 hour workshop, Melbourne based artist Jessie Ford will demonstrate how to draw your own pet portrait. We will specifically cover the following:
- Drawing materials – what to use and when
- Translating a photograph into a line drawing and an easy method for transferring this onto your drawing paper
- Observing tonal values and how demonstrate this with graphite pencils
- Tricks of the trade such as how to show shine on hair and get that sparkle in the eyes
- Basic understanding of animal anatomy (we will focus on dogs here)
All materials will be provided, plus light snacks and refreshments!
What you'll get
All materials provided
what to bring
Please send the photograph of your pet or animal you would like to draw at least 3 days prior to the class so we can print it out for you. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.