This laughter class will teach you about the benefits of laughter and you will experience the benefits for yourself, through the process of laughter yoga.
You will learn:
- About the therapeutic value of laughter and how laughter can positively impact your mental, physical and spiritual health and wellbeing.
- How you can use the tool of laughter to create positive changes in your life.
Laughter yoga is a process that allows you to laugh, even if you don’t feel like it. It involves laughter exercises, rhythmic clapping exercises and deep breathing techniques from yoga.
Research shows that laughter is an effective form of preventive medicine and complementary therapy. It enables you to tap into your own inner cellular pharmacy and create real biochemical and physiological changes. Laughter and deep breathing exercises lower cortisol ‘stress hormone’ levels in the body and activate the body’s relaxation response. Laughter also releases endorphins and boosts feelings of positivity and optimism.
Laughter yoga is empowering. It teaches you that you can choose to laugh, when you want to, for no reason, because you can. Laughter is too important to leave to chance.
When you feel good, you have clearer thoughts and this has a positive impact on all aspects of your life.
You don’t need any yoga experience or yoga attire. Just wear comfortable clothes that don’t restrict abdominal movements and comfortable footwear.
What you'll get
- You will learn a process that allows you to laugh, regardless of how you are feeling
- All the benefits laughter has to offer
- A laughter meditation
- A guided relaxation at the end
what to bring
- An open mind and a willingness to laugh for no reason
- Comfortable clothes & footwear – this ain’t your regular yoga class
- A bottle of water
- A towel or yoga mat for meditation at the end