Join local street artist Justin Livingston (aka Julla) in Lismore’s very own outdoor street art space, the Back Alley Gallery for a introductory class in street art. Get a personal guided tour of the Back Alley Gallery and spend a couple of hours at our new Work-Shop wall learning the basics of muralism, street art and how to approach making large scale works using spray paint.
Justin will take you through the history and background of graffiti and street art as well as talk about how to plan and mock up your work as well – including the practical instruction of how to use aerosols, covering can control, different caps and how to apply these skills to the wall.
This is a fun and relaxed intro to street art suited to beginners who would like to have the experience but don’t know where to start as well as designers, artists and creatives who would like to take the jump into public art, muralism and street art or just want to ‘have a go!’
NOTE: The workshop will take place at the Back Alley Gallery Lismore.
Meet your workshop tutor, Justin at the entrance, which is located at the corner of Eggins Lane and Carrington Street, Lismore (outside Cafe Capello).
What you'll get
- Learn about the history and background of graffiti and street art culture.
- Learn the basics of planning your work, can control, composition, colour and caps!
- You’ll get to try out your new skills on the Back Alley Gallery/Work-Shop practice wall.
- A guided tour of Lismore’s own outdoor street art gallery, the Back Alley Gallery.
- Everything you need to participate in the work-shop, including Spray Paint and caps.
what to bring
Your imagination and creativity!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.