Learn how to hand stitch your papers into journals and notebooks!
This introductory class will teach you how to stitch your recycled papers, using a single signature in the beautifully hand-made paper cover.
There is nothing like giving a hand sewn book to someone, or to keep yourself. This workshop will show you some basic bookbinding skills. The projects you will making and shown is how to secure buttons and leather wraps in your paper and basic bookbinding techniques. You will make a single signature button wrap journal using exposed chain stitching on the spine, and a hard covered journal using Japanese Stab Binding techniques. There will be a range of coloured pre made Born In Paper handmade paper, or use the papers you may have learnt to make in on of our workshops. Workshop includes all you need to make both books. All equipment is provided.
Take your handmade paper one step futher and ‘book’ (pun intended!) into this workshop! Recycle and care for our environment while learning creative skills and having a lot of fun.
What you'll get
- Basic binding skills to make your own hand-made books!
- How to make a Single Signature hand bound book with leather strap and button.
- How to make a hardcover, Japanese Stab bound journal.
- All the materials you need to make your Single Signature Notebook and Japanese Stab Bound Journal.
what to bring
- A Sense of Adventure to create!
- Comfortable Clothes to get crafty in.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.