In a relaxed atmosphere, these four classes aim to systematically set out some of the basics of drawing for either the very beginner or lay-intermediate. Each week will progressively build upon the week before. Starting with some of the simplest geometric shapes, the course gradually introduces you to more complex forms and challenges within the process of learning to draw. This course will give anyone who has wanted to draw, a solid grounding in fundamentals. Anyone can learn to draw! Take that first step or give yourself some further direction.
Classes on Sunday 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd October.
What you'll get
Gain a sound structural approach to drawing objects.
Accurately conceive of objects in relation to linear perspective.
Conceive of gradations of light and dark as contingent to an understanding and conceptualisation of structure and form.
what to bring
Some materials will be provided although we suggest you bring the following:
A3 sketch book – required
Stanley knife for sharpening
- Parkers Art Supply at the National Art School Building 22, Corner of Forbes and Burton, (Enter off Forbes Street), Darlinghurst NSW. Ph: 02 9339 8706
- The Art Scene on campus at UNSW Art & Design (formerly UNSW COFA), Ph: 02 8815 1569. Cnr Oxford St. and Greens Rd Darlinghurst.
- Eckersley’s Art and Craft Store 221-223 Oxford Streets, Darlinghurst, Ph: 02 9360 4066.
- Bondi Road Art Supplies 179 Bondi Road Bondi. Ph: 9387 3746.
- Eckersley’s Art and Craft Store 93 York Street Sydney, Ph: 02 9299 4151. Also at North Sydney, St Leonards, Chatswood, Caringbah, Parramatta & more.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.