Come and get messy with mother nature, experiment with beautiful colours and create prints using botanicals and food waste.
Using the magical technique of bundle dyeing, we will use sustainably sourced materials to create a unique and one of a kind silk scarf, filled with positive intention.
Whilst our bundles steam and evolve, we will play with the beauty of alchemy by introducing natural pH modifiers, creating a rainbow of possibilities.
You will learn about…
- Suitable plants, flowers and foods and the colours they yield
- Natural fibres and fabric preparation with mordants
- Colour extraction and natural pH modifiers
- The art of bundle dyeing through wrapping and steaming
This workshop is the perfect introduction to natural dyeing, producing eco-friendly textiles and adding colour to your wardrobe in a mindful and sustainable way. The bundle dyeing technique is a great way to revitalise existing garments and create unique and beautiful printed fabric.
There will be a 45 minute break in the middle of the workshop for students to have lunch. There is a cafe conveniently located onsite.
What you'll get
- A selection of dried, fresh and frozen flowers, leaves and other botanical
- Food waste (eg. Onion skins, berries, spices, herbs)
- Fabric mordants to prepare fabric
- Colour pH modifier
- A paj silk scarf to dye
what to bring
- Any flowers, leaves or food waste that you would like to experiment with
- Pre-washed silk fabric or pre-loved silk clothing to bundle dye after your scarf (these are optional but encouraged)
- There will be extra scarves to purchase on the day if you would like to experiment further.
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.