Score a free copy of the latest frankie magazine with every ticket purchased! (selected classes only, offer ends Feb 5th).
Colour is one of the most important elements that makes up any kind of artwork… whether it is abstract, impressionism or realism. Getting it right is one of the major challenges to any artist! Appropriate use of colour is important in creating the illusion of depth, dimension and light in a painting. Understanding colour is important when painting with any kind of medium.
Oil paints present artists with additional challenges usually associated with the unique characteristics of this medium. One of these problems is the loss of colour vibrancy.
The aim of these workshops is to help you understand colour and colour mixing using oil paints while applying these theories to create realistic and vibrant landscapes.
You will learn:
1. How to understanding colour: New concepts of the colour theory and mixing: its application in the landscape
2. Observing and painting the landscape in oils, composition and creating depth using colour, tone and perspective
3. Using underpainting and layering of paint while blending colours to create beautiful skies and clouds.
Whether you have experience with oil paints, or are looking to try something new, we can’t wait to see you at Work-Shop!
What you'll get
- All materials needed… brushes, palettes, and paints!
what to bring
- An eagerness to learn something new!
Be sure to check out our Terms & Conditions before grabbing a ticket.